Terms & Conditions
The AT & UDL Loan Library lends assistive technologies and Universal Design for Learning technologies to support AT assessments, professional development activities, classroom demonstrations, and problem solving activities. In order to use the services of this resource library you must:
- Be approved by your district ESE Director for full library access.
- Be approved through a BESE targeted professional development activity for Level 1 access.
- Be a staff member of a BESE discretionary project for full library access.
Authorizations for use of the Loan Library are reviewed and renewed yearly.
There are two levels of access to the Loan Library. Level 2 includes full access to the devices and resources in the Loan Library, including the highly complex eye gaze systems and complex communication devices. Level 2 access is restricted to users who are approved by their district ESE Director, or are staff members of a BESE discretionary project. Level 1 includes access to devices such as switch systems, alternative keyboards, general communication devices, mobile technologies, but does not include access to highly complex devices. Level 1 access is provided to those educational professionals who are part of a BESE targeted professional development activity.
Requests for technologies must be made online. Equipment can be requested for the following time periods: 4 weeks, or 6 weeks. You must contact Dr. Tony Dutra @ email@example.com to request up to 1 extension. All equipment is expected to be returned on time since many devices are in high demand.
Most of the equipment will be shipped to the shipping address provided with the online order. Some technologies cannot be shipped and must be picked up at the Regional AT-UDL Technology Center. When you receive or pick up the equipment complete the package inventory checklist. Keep it with the equipment since it will be used again to ensure everything is returned. You will receive an email reminding you when the equipment is due for return. A return shipping label will be provided.
Please contact us through the online Library Contact page, or contact a Regional Center directly, if you have any questions.
State Technology Coordinators
- Evette Idehen, District Support Services Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Janet Good, AT & UDL Loan Library Distribution Center Coordinator, Port Orange, email@example.com
- Tara Jeffs, Assistive Technology Support Services Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tony Dutra, AT & UDL Loan Library Distribution Center Coordinator, Hollywood, email@example.com
Regional Training Support Specialists
- Allison Uzzle, Training Support Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jason Rhodes, Training Support Specialist, email@example.com
- Gregory Ennen, Training Support Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lauren Proulx, Training Support Specialist, email@example.com
- Sam Jeanty, Training Support Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org