ANNOUNCEMENT – UPDATED June 2020
The 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new virus that causes respiratory illness in people and can spread from person to person. COVID-19 is being closely monitored by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Please visit the CDC’s web page at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html for current information concerning COVID-19. The CDC reported that transmission is also possible through contact with hard surfaces. As this affects all of our patrons who use the AT&UDL Loan Library, we will do everything we can to continue supporting the needs of our patrons and students who use these assistive tools.
Your safety and the health of students will remain our top priority. Therefore, effective immediately and until further notice, we will implement the following safeguards:
· All devices currently on-loan must be returned by May 22, 2020.
· The Port Orange location is open and has begun the process of sanitizing all devices currently in stock at that location.
· We are now processing and receiving all returns through the Port Orange location.
· The Hollywood Office is open and has begun the process of sanitizing all devices currently in stock at that location.
· Please look for an email from us for orders that need to be returned. The return email may include new return label(s) as an attachment for return to the Port Orange location. For the time being, items originally scheduled to be returned to the Hollywood location will now be processed at the Port Orange location instead.
· If you are unsure of what return label to use, please contact us through our Virtual Office Hours, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. We are here to help you through this process.
We would like to thank you in advance for your cooperation. With all of us working as a team, we can ensure that students’ needs are supported.
Directions on how you can find current orders on-loan:
1. Log into your account at https://www.at-udl.net
2. From the drop-down arrow next to “my Account” choose “Order History”
3. Look at the Order Status column. Items still checked indicates “Shipped” next to the Order ID
4. Click the red eyeball (View) icon on the row of the item that indicates “Shipped”
5. The Order Information will open for that particular Order ID
6. Print Screen that page for your records
7. Choose the blue “Continue” button on the bottom right to return to your Order History
8. Continue steps 3 to 7 for each order that indicates “Shipped”
To see a video version of these directions, go to:
http://bit.ly/LOAN_LIBRARY_Video2 (move the timeline ahead to 6:50)
We believe in the power of technology to help all students achieve high academic standards! As a part of the Florida's MTSS Projects, the online resource library is designed to help districts and schools implement a universal, differentiated core curriculum based on the Florida Standards.The assistive technologies available in this library can be used to identify which technologies will best support students with disabilities to participate and progress in this core curriculum. The Universal Design for Learning technologies can be used to identify effective, instructional pedagogies that support of highly effective learning environments. Accounts are only available to individuals approved by the district ESE Directors and staff members of BEESS Discretionary Projects.